https://www.facebook.com/barnbarrochpottery/

Friday 29 August 2008

About this blog


I have been persuaded to start this blog by a number of friends so here goes.

I have been making pots here at Barnbarroch since 1978 when I set up the workshop in the old school with my husband Rodger. I largely make slip decorated earthenware pottery, mostly thrown, the majority of which we sell from our own showroom. Every year I try to take time to develop new ideas and make one off pieces, which I either sell through exhibitions or display here. With the aid of the Dumfries and Galloway Craftmakers Award Scheme, I had the opportunity to go on an extruding course with Jim Robison two Autumns ago and since then, excited and stimulated by new making techniques I have set off in a new creative direction. I was then fortunate to receive a Creative Development Award from the Scottish Arts Council which has given me the time to develop these ideas and embark on the challenge of making larger scale pieces. I thought it would be good to share some of this excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment