https://www.facebook.com/barnbarrochpottery/

Friday 10 October 2008


A new bit of equipment this year has been a spray gun which I thought would help me to apply slip to the larger pieces. The variety of layered finish has been both exciting and frustrating. Exciting as when it is right it has added great subtlety to the design, but annoying as it is so hard to tell how thick the layers are and repeating a success has been difficult.

The big pots have to be sprayed outside which means carting everything out, from banding wheel to extension lead. On this weeks dry day I rushed about madly trying to get all my layers of slip in before the next shower. I use the old fridge as a backdrop to try to catch the drift and a mask tightly pulled over my face, as well as holding my breath for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment