https://www.facebook.com/barnbarrochpottery/

Wednesday 25 February 2009

Reluctant commission

At the beginning of the year I was asked if I would make a large traditional full belllied jug for a special birthday. I was so busy with stools and finishing off my funded project etc that I politely declined, or tried to. But somehow the commisioner was willing to wait and accept a jug gift token. Well that time has come when I had better get down to it, but I havn't thrown anything big for ages and jugs aren't really where I am 'at' right now. If it hadn't been for the fact they wanted my boats as a decoration I would have sent the commission on to someone who is RIGHT in the jug zone. As it was I had to ring Hannah to ask how much clay she would use.

But you know what, I am pretty pleased with myself.

Extruded wiggles are more where I still am - this one is going to be another upright double skinned fellow.
Some glazed pots from this Monday's kiln. The penguin mugs are for an order - I am not sure why their white bibs are rather fawn, it looks like I used the wrong slip trailer. Still, I quite like them like that.

1 comment:

  1. how totally productive of you, the jugs came out lovely, nicely done... trippy wavey piece it looks like your using fence panels??

    ReplyDelete