https://www.facebook.com/barnbarrochpottery/

Thursday 19 March 2009

Dragonfly Bowls

This is the slip version of the original majolica dragonfly bowls. These are now drying out and I just hope the colours work out ok. I used a few layers of slip washes with some sponged blobs and finally trailed a line of black slip to define the drawing. I think I quite like the tail going over the rim.

Funny things dragonflies, this evening on a wildlife programme I have just seen a vicious larvae grab a fish with its mandibles. Later it turned into the gossamer winged innocent from my bowls but it vaguely of put me off eating out of them.

4 comments:

  1. well they look great, even better enlarged, my poor eyes this morning...got my reading specs on too, hope to see them fired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dragonfly bowls are really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful bowls... i too like the tail going over the rim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice dragonflys!! They must be bigger in Britain. Please put the finished one's on your blog.

    ReplyDelete