It's been a pretty busy few weeks since Potfest. There has been a lot of other stuff to sort out, such as various illness within the family, which has taken a lot of time and energy. I did manage to rush the Army Windsurfing prizes order through and got it boxed up and off at the end of last week. It was a case of fast drying, both outside in the sun and then in the kilns as they cooled from the last unpack.
I've since been catching up on those little individual orders, one or two which are long overdue. Such things as house name plaques, a 'thistle clock' (!), a birth plate. The sort of orders that take an inordinate amount of time, each needing individual thought, special colours, motifs, scripts etc and I rarely actually charge enough for them.
I still have a seat half constructed under wraps, which I had to abandon as ceramic shows, orders and summer visitors took over. I'll get back to it soon I HOPE. I sold my snake seat to a someone who saw it at the Park and it left on Monday. I was rather sad to say goodbye to it. It had been well stroked and sat upon and I forgot that it was actually for sale.
I had a nice visit from John Stroomer the other Sunday, who called in with a student friend to have a look at the 'extruders'. Like Jim he seemed a little surprised at my tiny pugmill. I think he expected a Monster machine. Perhaps my half horse power model is a little slow but it still does the job. This afternoon I cut a new die, so perhaps tomorrow I will try it out, though I should really finish the thistle clock first.....