Two good days in the workshop. On Tuesday I had been struggling a bit with slip decorating the work which had been waiting for over three weeks in the damp cupboards, and which I had been struggling to build up a head of enthusiastic steam for. Then I remembered that actually there was a lot of matt glazing to be done. I realised that I was needing a rather more 'mindless job' at the time. The designs had already been lined out, so initially it was just a matter of outlining in black wax. Once I had made a start it then became much easier think about the colours, (mainly trailed between the black outlines).
It was very good for me to have Allie coming in to help out today, she helped me to focus on the jobs in hand and together we did loads of clear glazing and got the kiln packed.
There is now enough glazed work for about two and a half kilns, so I feel thoroughly cheered up as far as work and stock is concerned. I had forgotton how much I had got started before the break. The trouble with breaks is that it is too easy to forget rather a lot. For example I seem to have TWO large buckets marked 'Matt Clear'. Was there something wrong with one of them... or did I mix up two by mistake... I have had to run a test of both of the said buckets in this kiln and delay the final dip of my matt glazed pieces until I can confirm.
What a treat - I had missed the opening of the exhibition at McGill Duncan and so had missed most of Ron Philbeck's work there. Quite an unexpected delight therefore to receive this surprise present from Hannah yesterday. Clean washing line tea for me today!