https://www.facebook.com/barnbarrochpottery/

Wednesday 21 November 2012

A Shining Angel and other Seasonal Pots



I'm taking my finished work along to The MGill Duncan Gallery for their Winter Exhibition which opens on Saturday. Pretty much everything I made for it came out of the kiln this week. I was a little nervous unpacking as there was a lot of new shapes and colours, and I was rather unsure how they would turn out. I was mostly pretty happy with the firing.

The Angel shines out of her dish pretty much as I had hoped she might.


The guinea fowl was bold and the background not too dull.


I was pleased with the colours on this owl too.


.....And the penguins all seem quite happy. The King and Queen party penguins are finished,



and the Party trio behaved themselves too.



There were quite a few of the tiny penguins too. This is a Happy Glutton


And here are some revellers. Come along to McGill Duncan and meet them and their friends if you can.

5 comments:

  1. good work!

    Here's wishing you Season's Greetings and plenty of sales!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting Christine! I look forward to 'meeting' all the pots and deciding where to display them in the gallery. We are having a hectic week and panicking about getting everything done for Saturday. My Blog has been neglected but I'm going to rectify that soon!
    Zoe x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work, good luck with the opening of your show! Lovely owl dish : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful to see these before and after final glazing, they all look so festive especially the penguins, have a great sale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Angel! She looks related to your jellyfish.

    And the owl colours are indeed beautiful.

    ReplyDelete