https://www.facebook.com/barnbarrochpottery/

Monday 19 May 2014

A long day's glazing



Its been a long day but that's it - the kiln is on at last. Actually it's been a long few days. As always I underestimated the time it takes to glaze. I think I've done all the work making and drawing but then I still have glazes to mix, apply, wax and dip. 

It's my own fault that I left this all to finish off today. It was a lovely weekend and too good to miss the chance to scrub and tidy up the outside of the pottery. I thought 'I can easily finish the glazing on Monday'. 

Well that was quite a Monday, I have hardly had time to look up! Every time I did look up I saw something else which needed to be finished. It all got a bit late and several rather large spillages of glaze over my feet towards the end didn't help. My pots tend to have too many ends to pour glaze out of, and even with a wide container I need eyes which swivel every-which-way. Then there was a thunder storm so it all got very dark and light-flickery. Thankfully it looks like the storm has now passed, so maybe it's actually a good thing that it was eleven by the time I started the firing. (Don't want any power cuts mid fire cycle)!





So hopefully all will be finished for 'Spring Fling' this coming weekend. This year we have elected to do the Friday night opening. Do come if you are able, the more the merrier! 



No comments:

Post a Comment