https://www.facebook.com/barnbarrochpottery/

Saturday 28 February 2009

Bird Candle Holders

Friday was spent contsructing a group of Bird Candle holders. They seemed to go down quite well last year and I have got better at handling them. I threw the 'stalk' and holder and the bird body is an extruded triangular hollow tube. I found it is best to bend it as it comes out of the extruder. Kind of rewarding to make as they are a cheerful little gaggle. I'll get back to the jugs later - I think I'm putting off slipping them as they are a rather big and could collapse. I am also unsure as to how to put on the handles. The smaller ones look fine with extruded handles, but somehow a pulled one on these large ones might look better. I have never been great at pulling from the jug itself, maybe I should give it a go?


1 comment:

  1. don't know why i'm seeing flamenco dancers...birds you say?? hehehe

    ReplyDelete