https://www.facebook.com/barnbarrochpottery/

Monday 23 January 2012

Feet, Heads and Waves


There are so many boats to fill that now I have a Head and Feet production line on the go.


Plus a wave factory.

At one point last week I wondered whether I had really overdone it, I wasn't sure what to work on next. It doesn't help that all the pieces are hidden, wrapped in polythene and that I was losing track of which was what. At last I'm feeling that I am getting somewhere, and am reasonably pleased with the progress.



The boats are starting to sail. These two hulls are sitting on the 'swell' which I made by slumping the monster slab into the hammock. It still feels rather like an 'adventure' of a piece and I am not exactly sure how it is all going to turn out though I can see where I would like to go with it.



This is one that I have finished putting together. I was experimenting with placing the boat forward of the wave, leaving it behind. I liked the idea of the wave becoming the speed boat's wake and it seems to give more movement. I am working on a rowing boat which I am placing behind the wave, as it seems that when you are in a rowing boat the next wave is always still to come.

1 comment:

  1. Wow the big swell is looking cool. Already has the feeling of movement. I like the guy in the outboard motor boat too. Good luck keeping up and finishing things off.

    ReplyDelete